Friday, July 25, 2008

Another Day of Listing

1. I'm in Cleveland for an extended weekend. I'm using my mom's computer that is older than MOSES and it took me an hour to finish this post because of that. Grrrr.....I need to get her a new one.

2. I went outlet mall shopping with my mom yesterday and we bought gender related clothing for the Nugget. It was FUN. I was out of control. :) I also bought my mom a Coach purse for her birthday. It's not until September, but there is a Coach Outlet at the mall and so we went in and looked. She was pretty surprised. We walked around, browsed purses, and then she was ready to leave. I said, "Why don't you pick one out that you really like. I'm buying." She kept insisting that I didn't have to, and I told her that I'd saved up all of my tutoring money for the summer just to buy her one. Every time we go and look she says she wants one. And I know she doesn't have the money to splurge herself. So we looked again and she ended up buying the one I almost bought last week. LOL! So now we kind of have matching Coach purses. She took it to work today and the girls were falling all over her. The loved it. Mom gushed to me on her lunch break about how much she liked it. It made me happy. Because she was so happy. It's times like that when I'm grateful to have enough money to spoil her every once in a while.

3. I did comment on Karen's mouse problem. I gave the brief layout in her comments section if you're interested. I told her to call me for more detail. Mice are never fun. Especially when you imagine them to all look like Stuart Little, as I did. I made Kendall promise me that our mice had big, red, evil eyes and giant fangs. Although, after finding them in my house in unexpected places, I felt MUCH better about their death. Especially once we got the trap where I didn't have to see their brains on the floor, because sometimes you do with snap traps. The worst part about snap traps is some of them weren't dead, just maimed, and Kendall had to take a shovel to their brains. Yeah, I went there.




4. I got a FREE Johnny Jump Up from one of Kendall's nurses! AND she's going to try and get us a free car seat and stroller from Evenflo too! Having connections ROCKS! :) I don't know why but I think these things are awesome! I wish they had one in a grown up size so that I could use it too! Hmmmm...just imagine that, me in a Johnny Jump Up. HILARIOUS!

8 comments:

Karen said...

as you saw from videos the jumper was nicole's absolute favorite thing to do in the whole world. put it in the dining room doorway so you can cook and s/he can jump!

Martha said...

That's great that you got to buy gender-related clothing! Wahoo!
So are you telling family not friends, only some friends,???

I recently purchased a jumparoo thingy for my niece (at the request of my sister). She can jump/bounce, spin 360 degrees, have lights and sounds, and have bright, touchy-feely things in front of and hanging above her all going simultaneously. I'm encouraging ADD, I think.....

I would like one, as well. I kinda imagine it being one of those board-swings, or a tire swing, like. Except on a slight bungee cord. :)

Mamma Sarah said...

Martha beat me to the comment. Boo for not sharing, but I understand... it's mom after all!

Alex loved his jumperoo, but I'm sure that Mac will enjoy jumping too so we may just have to get a Johnny for her. We'll see. :-D Hooray for free stuff!!!

Laura said...

Man, I'm jealous! Not about the purse, although it sounds cool, but that all the other babies love their jumpy things. Ella hates hers, so its in the closet collecting dust. Isn't shopping for baby stuff addictive?

Sarah said...

I think jumpers are the best inventions ever, and I agree that they should make adult sized ones!

I am also with you on spoiling Mom. At Christmas I took my mom to the spa for a facial, not because she couldn't afford to do it, but she just wouldn't do it by herself. And she loved it!

Anne said...

Allen had to kill a mouse with one of our ancient vaccuum cleaners. It wasn't stuck in the trap..it had just been maimed. Allen followed the trail of blood and noise into one of our basement nooks and the heaviest thing he had was the vaccuum. We don't use it now. Yep, I went there. :)

I'm glad your mom gets to know the gender. I bet she feels really special being in on the secret. Are you going to be like Suki in that one Gilmore Girl episode? Her husband didn't want to know the gender of the baby so she had a whole set up of boy stuff in the shed outside that she'd go and sit in. It was hysterical.

Viki said...

I think of mice as looking like my little Sara Hamster (anyone remember her?). Still, as sad as I was when she died, I would not want her and 20 of her friends running through my walls.

Finlands finest said...

I think an adult jumper would be fun. Baby shopping is always a good time. I want them to make cute things for adults too. Of course, I wouldn't wear a ruffle butt myself.