Monday, July 28, 2008

A Series of Fantasical Dreams

I've been trying to keep my blog entries interesting because we have friends that are over in the Ukraine right now that are bored our of their gourds who have been reading. They are searching for their future son through the government adoption process. They have to be there for a series of weeks and they tell us there isn't much to do over there when they're not actively searching. It's not an easy process and we pray for them daily. So here's another entry that hopefully keeps Staci and Damon (or at least Staci) entertained.....

Over the past few days I've been having extremely strange dreams. They all seem to morph into one another. Here are some highlights....(I'm going to take them out of order to put the better ones at the bottom of the list.) Four and five are my favorites and both made Kendall laugh out loud when I told him about them the next morning.

1. I am helping our neighbors landscape their yard. As we are finishing up, a large crowd of people arrives and they set the backyard up for a rock concert. Conveniently, their yard is now sloped so that it provides stadium seating for the large audience. A young boy steals my cell phone during the concert and is trying to text another boy that I like him. I am incensed. Mostly because I'm a grown up in the dream and that's just gross. I tell the boy this. He sends the text before I can stop him and deletes a portion of the phone number before I can grab the phone. I then spend a portion of the dream trying to find this boy.

2. I am shopping in a cosmetics store at the mall, one that I have never seen before. Jessica G-J is with me. I am looking for a facial cleanser to stop this ridiculous break out my face has been having since I got pregnant. I try various cleansers in the store. As I find one that I think I like, I decide to ask the sales woman if there is anything else that might not be as abrasive. Jessica decides to purchase something and walks to the same counter I do. She won't stop asking ridiculous questions of the sales lady and I politely try to interrupt her several times. Finally, I turn to her and say, "Would you shut up already!" She gets angry with me and I tell her I don't care and she can find her own ride home from the mall. At which point she starts crying and I push her out into the snow outside of the mall. In this dream, I am definitely a jerk but don't seem to care.

3. I am trudging up a snow-covered hill with Kendall, in my childhood neighborhood. We are running late from our OB appointment. We are trying to shovel snow as we climb the hill. While I am shoveling, I keep thinking to myself how I forgot to do my math and science homework. In my mind, I can see the algebra paper. I tell Kendall that I should have brought it with us to the appointment because then he could have helped me. We arrive at what I assume is supposed to be our house. We find a note on the front porch that Bill and Carolyn (not even friends of ours but friends of my sister-in-law) have stopped by and left us a gift. (I should also admit, they annoy me in real life.) It is a child's tricycle. I cannot mention the color here, but in the dream, it is the WRONG color based on the gender of our child, and I am slightly miffed, because in the dream THEY KNOW what we're having. We walk into our fictional house to find them playing on the living room floor with their kids. They have trashed our house with toys and leftovers from making lunch.

4. I am driving in a car with Kendall and his parents on a deserted country road. We drive by what looks like a local fair/carnival and as we are passing the booths, I realize it is a cake carnival! At every stall there are various types of cakes on display. I immediately notice a stand full of elaborate wedding cakes. I demand that we pull over to stop at this fair and immediately start following Kendall through a maze of tents. We are barefoot. It is muddy. And I realize suddenly that I am only wearing a t-shirt and underpants. I am slightly embarrassed, but also extremely fixed on getting to the cakes, so I don't stop to find pants. I never reach the cakes.

5. The strangest dream of all has to be the one where I'm in my mom's backyard and she pulls in with our second childhood dog (who is still alive but blind now) and two puppies in the backseat of her car. She lets the puppies out of the car and informs me that she has to pick one to keep. She wanted to bring them both home to see which one she liked better. As we are standing their examining the dogs, one of them poops.....out of the BACK OF ITS HEAD. Yes. The poop just pops out in little nuggets from the back of its neck, through the dog's fur. It then shakes the poop off onto the grass. I am shocked. My mother doesn't seem that surprised. She simply tells me that obviously she won't be keeping that dog then, because it has a common genetic abnormality that is sometimes apparent in the breed.

I then wake up.

In REAL news, Baby M has been very active at nighttime. Last night she/he was moving hard enough that I was FINALLY able to put Kendall's hand on my belly and he felt the little punch/kick that was wreaking havoc on my belly button. *smile*

5 comments:

Martha said...

I didn't think just reading about your dreams could make me laugh. Then I read that last one.
And I laughed uncontrollably while thinking, WTF?
Snow appears in a couple dreams...I wonder what it symbolizes?
Concerns of snow in December? Or Snow being white and pure? Or Snow being a source of moisture/water? Or none of those?

Laura said...

Your dreams are hilarious! I personally love the no pants cake dream...

Karen said...

i really like the kicking part that kendall can feel. AWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Finlands finest said...

I like #'s 4 and 5 too!

Glad that Kendall can feel the action now!!

Staci and Damon said...

LOVED IT!! We finally have internet access, so I was able to catch up on a few days worth of blogs!! I also love the thing about the grass catching on fire - you two crack me up!!
Staci & Damon