So it's 1AM and everyone has been gone for an hour now. I can't believe that people stayed so late! While it wasn't my favorite gathering, it was much better than I anticipated it turning out.
We went to Fudruckers for dinner. Not my choice for a holiday celebration, and the food defintely didn't agree with Kendall and I. I thought my food sucked quite honestly. Everyone headed back to our house about 7:30. We were hosting the cookie exchange and the games. My cookies were quite the hit, there was only one left on the tray after we all exchanged. Good thing I kept back a big container of them for Kendall!
We played the Newlywed Game, which you can actually get questions for online. Some of which are extremely hilarious and with the right crowd of people you could get pretty crazy. We did not get crazy. And I have to say, that I was having an "Annoyed with Jessica G-J" night. Normally we get along just fine, and I usually just ignore her tendency to get a little overbearing and bossy. But tonight it kind of hurt my feelings. She kept cutting me off when I was trying to read the questions. Or she would steal them away from me by asking them more quickly. I was trying to be fair and take turns, and sometimes Jessica can't handle that. On top of that, we were having problems getting the laptop to work to pull up the questions off the Internet. Instead of being nice and saying, "It's okay Lisa, just take your time and fix it," I felt like she acted annoyed and disappointed that I wasn't organized enough for her. *sigh* It was frustrating. And hard not to say anything in front of everyone.
Speaking of everyone, we had 17 people in our house! I think that's more than I had for Karen's bridal shower. It was insane! After all of the games were played, we ate cookies, exchanged a few, and talked about my house. Everyone was very gracious and flattering about our decorating taste. And everyone really liked our holiday decorations, which made all of the effort worth it. Plus, our house is SUPER clean! I wish it would stay this way...it won't. We know it.
Anyways, I'm rambling. Kendall pulled out Guitar Hero for one of the guys at 10, thinking that most people would be leaving soon and that it would be okay to take it out. Well, it was a HUGE hit. Everyone wanted to take a turn playing and it was a lot of fun. Then, of course, they made me and Kendall play. And that was just hilarious because they were laughing at how serious we are and how we must have played for way too many hours to be that good at the game. Many people left saying they would like to come back to play again. I'm thinking we need to have a Playstation 2 Game Night. We now have Guitar Hero, Dance Dance Revolution (which people really wanted to play but we said no because of room), and we asked for Karaoke Revolution for Christmas. Could be the makings of a really good time.
Overall, a good night. The most stressful part is still Jessica G-J. Ever since the "church rift" she has beebn different in that setting. And it upsets me. She's just not the same. And it feels tense to me, and she doesn't seem as happy, which means that I'm not as comfortable or happy. I really miss some of our friends being at church functions. I hope this doesn't continue to be stressful, or I may end up spending even less time at church functions.
Well, I think that's enough. Like I said, we had fun, I got to know a couple of newer people better and really like them, and now I think it's time to hit the sack. At least we don't have to get up early for church because we're having an early lunch with Kendall's friend Rachel.
6 comments:
Sounds like a great time. What are these cookies that were such a hit? We all should do a cookie exchange some year! :-D
How fun! yea, we want to know what your cookies are, and if we can have the recipe. :-)
Haha, I can totally picture you and Kendall with your "game on" faces! I want to try that game!
i think you should record you two playing guitar and post it on youtube. you'd be a hit i'm sure!
HAHAHAHA!! I'm totally with Karen on that one......you'll be rock stars!
I too want to see this Guitar Hero game - glad you guys had fun. :-)
Post a Comment