Friday, December 22, 2006

Ahh, the Holidays

We're heading to the Erdahl Family Chirstmas celebration later tonight. We'll be spending two nights there and then heading to Cleveland Sunday morning to celebrate with my family. These long trips always do two things:

1. Warrant good stories to share afterwards, many of which won't be funny at the time, but later I will be able to laugh at because it's just the family.
2. Make me appreciate how much I love owning my own home. You don't realize how much you miss sleeping in your own bed until you have to sleep in someone elses. Or that you can go into your cupboards or fridge and know exactly what is there to eat when you get the munchies. Plus, even things like your couch are more comfortable, simply because it's your couch.
3. Okay, it's really three things for me...my dogs. We have to leave them at the Erdahl's house because my mom's dog would eat them. Literally. So by the end of a week at my mom's, I'll be dying to see them. They are, of course, my hairy babies. Morrie actually starts to get depressed by the end of the week and usually stops eatting. So even they feel the effects of us being gone.

Something for all of you procrastinators to appreciate: We spent all last night wrapping presents because we were huge procrastinators after we finished shopping. I haven't sent a single Christmas card, but I have a stack of addresses to send them to, I'm a jerk. I promise they'll get out. I also haven't even packed my 9 day traveling bag yet. Not a single stitch. And we're leaving in 5 hours. Some of my clothes are actually still in the washer! HA!

I'm really hoping that we'll be able to steal wireless Internet from the neighbors while we are traveling, I think I'm really going to enjoy our new laptop while we're on the road. I'll try to post throughout the week, (not sure that people have even been reading my blog as of late though) even if I have to save it in Word and then head to free WiFi at Barnes and Noble to quickly post it....which is another thing I'll miss about home, a Barnes and Noble being so close to my house!

2 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

Safe travels. Can't wait to hear the stories... they are always so good. :-D

Karen said...

*tsk tsk* on the cards and presents! ;)

have a wonderful trip!