Thursday, December 14, 2006

Another List Kind of Day

1. I have to say that I found it amazing that Viki and Sarah had the same situation in their families. It also makes me sad to think we're all missing out on family. Karen's right, if she's never heard of this part of my family, they must be really estranged.

2. I've gotten some pretty kick ass presents this year from the kids. To date (I still have tomorrow to bring in loot): a subway gift certificate, an enitre basket of fancy apples, a candle, a box of toffee, a huge platter of cookies and fudge, a candy cane holder that's shaped like santa claus, and a big bag of homemade Chex Mix. HECK YEAH! These kids rock!

3. I'm standing in my bedroom at my tall dresser typing this blog. I'm wearing jeans, a grey and plum striped t-shirt, and granny panties. For all of those pervs out there who are dying to know where I'm typing from and what I'm wearing.

4. My dogs are super cute. No reason, they just are.

5. I have to make 300 Christmas cookies tonight....okay I don't HAVE to, I want to. I'm feeling very ambitious.

6. This year we had to buy for my brother's girlfriend and her son. It was hard. We barely know them. And my brother sucks at ideas. He can't even give us any for himself! Not to mention the fact that we feel like we practically mortgage our house to buy gifts for everyone anyways and need to know what to get him so that we can budget. We refuse to buy on credit this year when we are so close to being able to buy our way out of it!! Grrr...."Most wonderful time of the year"....must keep saying that....

7. Today is my 4 year wedding anniversary. We're so poor because of Christmas that it's doubtful as to whether we'll go out tonight. We're planning on celebrating with Karen and Jim in a couple of weeks at our favorite restaurant, Benihanna's. I'm a little sad though that we're not going closer to our anniversary as we have the last three years. Unfortunately money and time are a factor. We can't go this weekend because Kendall has to work. And next weekend is Christmas. Bummer. Maybe I'll try to drag him out to our favorite Mexican place instead. It's cheap enough. And it's now smoke free!

I'll post about my loot more tomorrow after I see what else I rake in...hehehe.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Sarah said...

Dude, you're cleaning up with presents from the kids! Maybe I should go back to being a teacher.......ok I'm over it!

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's already been 4 years, it seems like it was just yesterday!

Mamma Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary! WOW, 4 years... how ever did you manage? :-D

Man, I loved being in the teaching area because the gifts were awesome! Not necessarily on the wasteline, but still!

300 cookies???? Man, you so need to post what the kinds are. :-D

Karen said...

awwwwwww- you've been married, like, forever!!! :)

sounds like the cookie making went well. i hope you playfully threw a little flour on each other and burst into a make-out session. :)

Karen said...

ha! and the passcod when i wrote that comment was:

URWAHNNOW

i do sorta feel like sarah sometimes...

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

think you could send some of those 300 cookies our way? :-)