
We took Max for his two month well child visit yesterday. Here are his stats...
Weight: 14 pounds, 4 ounces. This puts him in the 100th percentile for his weight. :) His diapers were starting to get tight, so we knew he had to be getting close to 14 pounds. And his 0-3 month shirts are starting to get hard to snap in the crotch and were looking quite tight at the waist. Now we know why. We bought the next size diapers (they were starting to "leak) but we're going to try and force him to wear the shirts for a while longer.
Height: 24 inches. This puts him in the 85th percentile. I was a little suprised because Max comes from tall families. But then Kendall put it into perspective for me. Children that are in the 50th percentile for height are projected to be 5'10". So the fact that Max is in the 85th percentile means he will be well over 6 feet tall. That made me happy. I don't want a stubby kid. LOL! The weird part is, he still fits in his 0-3 month pants. So I guess we'll be putting him in two different sized clothes...which I've heard isn't uncommon.
Head circumference: 42 centimeters. Which converts to 16.5 inches. This puts him in the 100th percentile. He was 15 inches at birth. The diameter of his head is currently 13.5 centimeters. This is why he couldn't come out the "old fashioned way". His head diameter at birth was 11 centimeters. And anyone who's had a baby knows, you only dialate to 10 centimeters....needless to say, my kid has a big head...still.
So basically, he kid has a big head, little legs, and weighs as much as Maggie. LOL! As the doctor commented, "He's obviously not having any problems eating." Yeahhhhh.....
9 comments:
OK, the stats say he is a big boy, but he looks so tiny in that picture!
That picture is so cute!!!
What a big boy! :) (doesn't show it in the photo. He looks so little.) I didn't realize that any kid actually fit thru the 10 cm - I thought that's why people have so much tearing down there and get stitched back together?
Yea, I looked at it again. That photo is definitely in my favorites. He surpasses a lot of babies in cuteness! I'd say, he's probably in the 99th percentile on cuteness. ;)
(before you get offended, keep in mind all my nieces and nephews take the 100th percentile slots for cuteness).
Sounds like everything is good to me! I bet Max grows to be 6'4" which I have been told is the perfect height...
No offense taken Martha. :) Thanks for the compliments!
laura's comment was what mine was going to be!
Agreed on the cute picture. On the 2 different sized clothes, I wouldn't guess that's uncommon - a lot of us ladies wear different sized bikini tops & bottoms...
If I wore a bikini I'd know that. ;)
See you get the big kids and I get the stubby ones... just makes the world a balanced one.
Post a Comment