Sunday, November 05, 2006

Long, Long Week

Okay, I could post everything about my trip to DC, but I think I'll wait to do that until later this week, because I've already told the story too many times...and believe me, it's a good one. It involves the police showing at the hotel our first night and gobs of vomit...seriously. I'm never going on this trip again.

But I really need to vent about two other issues tonight....

1. F*cking mice. Yes, we still have them. We thought we killed them all. We let the dogs out when we got home tonight and Maggie went ape shit by the treat basket. So we pulled it out and most of the treat bags had giant holes gnawed in them and were completely empty. We cleaned it out, thinking all of the mice must be dead but we just didn't notice this mess. Then we went to pull out the drawer on the end table to clean out some things in there.

And that's when the mouse came crawling out.

We both screamed like little girls and ran. LOL! It was hilarious. When it finally disappeared back into the drawer we didn't know what to do. So we waited. And it appeared on the floor. I kept screaming at Maggie to eat it. She was too confused by the screaming. The little f*cker ran into the cold air return. So we set up new traps. This better be the last of them. We've left traps out for two weeks now and have caught nothing. Our mice are too smart. F*ckers......

2. The church situation. Pretty much all of our good friends have left the church now. We haven't attended Sunday school in a month. Now we found out tonight that our last pair of friends are going to probably move to Apex. We had a game night tonight with all of the old gang and Jessica G-J showed up. I was too afraid to call and ask her. The first half of the evening seemed to go very well. Jessica gets competitive and into the games and we won every time.

Then we split up into two rooms so Jessica S could breast feed Sam. That's when things got a little tense. Jessica G-J didn't talk very much. The rest of us tried our best to laugh and have a good time. When G-J finally left, we all talked about the church situation and what to do. We've decided to all get together at least once a month socially. We also discussed the possibility of a bible study every other week. I realized tonight how much I miss those girls. Not seeing them every week has made me sad. I really enjoyed the night. All of the other girls echoed my sentiments.

I talked with Kendall again about our situation and he still wants to stick it out a couple more times at Far Hills. But I really think we will end up leaving and heading to Apex. As petty as it sounds, I want to be where my friends are. And they all seem really happy at Apex. But it's still stressing me out.

Did I mention the f*cking mice?

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I totally would have screamed like a little girl about the mice too! Ew!! Good luck getting them under control.

I can understand wanting to be where your friends are, and I've always thought that the relationships you have with people is such an important part of where you go to church. It's supposed to be about a community. Hang in there, I'm sure it will all work out.

Mamma Sarah said...

Ewwww. Stupid mice! I hope you catch them all and not have to go with the exterminator route. There was this mouse poision that my dad used when they lived in the country. They got mice everytime the farmer worked in the field behind them.

Glad you were able to get together with the gang. It's so nice to have a great group of friends to hang out with that care about each other. I'm sure things will work out for you guys the way it's suppose to. :-D

Viki said...

Freshman year I saw a little bug in my dorm room and screamed so much that my RA came running down from the other end of the hall...I would've had the same reaction you did to the mice.

Sorry things with church are still so weird for you. Church is a little frustrating for us now, too. Right after Trey and I find this great church to go to together, I get a Sunday gig at this really conservative Catholic church. If we didn't need the extra $$, it would be great, but you know how that goes...

Karen said...

as a person who doesn't attend any church with friends it's hard for me to relate... i think if i did have that luxury i'd feel the same way as you and want to move in that direction (Apex).