So my progesterone levels were much lower this month than last month, but still high enough to make her happy. However, since this is our last try on our own, she wanted to make sure I had a powerhouse of hormones in there for Kendall's little guys, so she tripled my dose of Clomid. I'm a little nervous about that. On the small dose I had hotflashes, headaches, and the occassional word vomit. What will triple the dose do to me? Well I guess we'll find out in 4 days. I'm sure I'll share on here, much to your enjoyment.
We also discussed what the plan was going to be if I didn't get pregnant in April, and the major problem is that Kendall works so far away and his schedule is much less flexible than mine. He needs to be able to get to the doctor within an hour. My doctor is looking into it, including places near Wilmington, and Kendall is biting the bullet and asking too. He really is a good husband. He's willing to share with his colleagues our embarrassing woes and ask where we can have insemination done. I know that can't be good for his "manhood". He really has been great throughout this whole thing. I can't imagine what my life would be like without him. I know that even if we can't have kids of our own, he's going to make a wonderful dad, even if it is someone else's baby.
8 comments:
I'm really glad to hear that Kendall is being so supportive and that you're as much in love with him now as ever. :) Good to have such a wonderful support system.
Sorry to hear that things didn't go perfectly and the triple clomid dose does sound scary. i'm sure you'll take it in stride and make the best of it! just stay clear of your boss!!
For real, or I'm sure I'll have to hear how concerned he is about how my emotions are affecting my classroom. *GAG*
I don't know if you remember me, I am a frien of Karen's and we have met on a few occasions. If you need a really good dr in Cincy let me know. My fertility speacialist was great. It did take about 1 1/2 yrs the first time, but my dr went a lot faster than yours seems to be moving. I have the so-called "baster babies". It really is not as bad as it sounds and the result was great. If you need to talk or want a referral to a dr here, Karen has my info.
Glad to hear that the hubby is being as wonderful as ever.
Just hearing triple anything sounds very scary. I hope and pray for the best! :-)
I agree with Karen abouting staying clear of the boss. :-)
Jess knows what you're going through to a T. She's a great person to chat with in general and could give you some "been there, understand that" more than most people.
I'm sorry that I can't say I truly know what it feels like, but I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and thinking about you every day.
This next thing is probably the last thing you want to hear, but there are several couples up here who've thought they were infertile and so they adopt, which seems to make actually getting pregnant much easier...one of the couples at club, and one my mom knows from St. James have both adopted, only to get pregnant themselves within a year.
We've talked about adoption. We still have a few tries left before that becomes a possibility. We'll probably go through Catholic Social Services. They're free. Until we can afford invitro that's what the plan is, IF we don't get pregnant in the next several tries/insemination process.
I'm glad that you married a man who is not only a great husband but will also be a wonderful father.
As far as the adoption thing goes, I've also known several families who have tried to have kids for a long time (some several years), finally adopted and then became pregnant.
However it happens you're going to be a great mom and your child with always know how much you wanted him or her.
Post a Comment