Thursday, February 09, 2006

My Doctor is Weird

So I called the OB/GYN because I was worried that I had a positive ovulation strip on day 9 of my cycle. I was also concerned that my temperature was in the 96 degree range. So I called to ask if this was a concern. Here's what I don't get...

The doctor herself called me back. But then she kind of yelled at me that she couldn't give me any answers over the phone and I would just have to wait it out til the end of the month when she could see all of the data at once. It seemed that I wasn't allowed to ask her questions, because every time I asked one, she snipped back at me. For example, I asked her if having a temperature in the 96's was abnormal and she snipped "No." I told her it was jumping all over the place and she snipped, "I don't want to hear the temperatures, you're just going to have to wait til the end of the month so I can see the whole chart." Then she told me to stop taking the ovulation test kit, but then changed her mind and told me to keep taking it through day 16.

She's so weird. And mean. I can't wait to get pregnant so I can leave her for a nicer doctor. Because there is NO WAY she is delivering my baby if she's going to be this snippy every time I have a question.

What I'm really saying here, is why didn't she just have her nurse call me back if she wasn't going to answer any questions? Her nurse is more polite and the doctor wasn't going to answer anything anyways. Whatever.....

1 comment:

Mamma Sarah said...

Sounds like you need to find a new OB all together. Call OakCreek OBGYN... they have offices in Beavercreek, Kettering, Springboro, and somewhere else north I think... there are 5 docs in the practice and 2 Nurse Practicioners. They are wonderful...