My friend Amy had a son last night. We still don't have all the details, but I'm hoping to stop by today to see her. It's strange, I've never been this excited about a baby. Granted, I can remember being happy when my brother and sister were born, but I think I was also a little bitter. My father was starting a new family, a new life.
Other friends have had babies recently, and I wasn't this excited. Maybe it's the fact that we haven't been that close as of late. I can't say that Amy and I are best friends though. I think the part that makes it truely exciting is that I got to see Amy throughout her entire pregnancy. I got to hear the stories. I got to feel the baby in her belly.
I've just come back to this entry after spending an hour shopping for things for Drew and Amy with the Jessicas. It was fun, and a little overwhelming too. I'm so happy for Amy, and yet torn up with jealousy as well. I've decided to go see her by myself. I think it will be better that way.
Update: So I went to see Amy and Drew and no sooner do I arrive, they take Drew away for his circumcision...OUCH! I stayed and visited with Amy for over an hour and got lots of gory details (which I wanted to hear). Then they brought the little guy back and he was so cute! I held him for about 20 minutes, even stopping at one point to pinch his little chubby baby cheek. I just have to say that newborns are the cutest little things! And on top of all that Amy is being super cool about everyone holding him. It's so nice that she's laid back about it. I hope I can be that cool about it when I have a baby. Now I REALLY want one.
No comments:
Post a Comment