Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Ahhh! It's SPURTING!

Okay, so did the word SPURTING catch your attention in the title? Cause it totally caught my attention today when the nurse dropped her little cotton ball while drawing my blood. She couldn't reach a fresh one and said to me, and I quote, "You might want to look away because it's probably going to spurt when I pull the needle out."

WHAT?!!!????!! Now I've seen those movies where people get their heads cut off. That's what I call SPURTING. I was totally prepared to see the "black gold, Texas T" effect on my arm. Like shooting out of the vein. So when I looked away and then looked back, I was VERY disappointed. Instead of it shooting out of my arm, it just globbed up in a big ball while she ran for the cotton ball.

Yes, I said I was disappointed, you didn't read that wrong. She said SPURT, I wanted SPURT! Needless to say, we both got a really good laugh out of it afterwards.

2 comments:

Viki said...

You're a better woman than I - this sort of spurting would make me pass out.

Mamma Sarah said...

LOL! All I imagined was a Quinten Tarenteno movie scene... that's spurting! LOL! Too bad none of that actually happened to your arm.