Thursday, August 20, 2009

Poor Max!

I've been getting ready for school all week and taking Max to daycare. He hasn't seemed to mind it. The people there are really nice and almost all of the employees know him by name and tell me how happy and friendly Max is. It's very nice to hear. Even when he's tired or teething, he's still a smiley baby when he's there.

Yesterday I got a call that he had a slight fever and green diarrhea. I went to go get him and since then he has had crazy poops! He keeps leaking out the sides of his diapers! His little bottom has this horrible red rash all over it. We've done Desitin and Butt Paste and neither is relieving it because he just keeps pooping!!!!

On top of that, his two top teeth are coming in at the same time. They're so close! Definitely moving faster than his bottom teeth did.

But between his sore gums and his sore bottom, the poor kid is RAW and sleeping a lot. Last night he went to bed at 5 and we woke him up at 9 to put on his pjs and feed him. Tonight he went to bed at 6 and will get woken up at 9 again. My poor baby!!! At least we got this out of the way before school starts next week!

6 comments:

Laura said...

Poor Max. Being a baby is so awesome, getting spoiled and loved constantly, except when you have to go through teething and poop nonstop :(

Karen said...

how nice that they called you to tell you - yeah for good daycare!

pooping green stuff is not good and neither is a raw hiney. :(

Finlands finest said...

Sleeping all the time is good--means he is healing himself and hopefully not feeling the pain!!

Mamma Sarah said...

Poor Max. Hopefully he'll feel better soon. Glad to hear you have a very pro-active day care! :-)

Martha said...

awww, I hope everything is better with him this week! how are YOU doing now?

Viki said...

Poor kid - I think I feel worse for babies with raw butts than I do for anyone else in any other unpleasant circumstance. The poor things just don't understand why their butts hurt so much and can't do anything about it.