- It really irritates me when people call me up (telemarketers) and act like they immediately know more than me about a topic. For example, we keep getting these phone calls from a bunch of different companies that buy your time share weeks in case you won't use them. They try to give you a song and dance about how you'll make 10K by selling your time. Now even an idiot would know you're going to get taxed on that money. So when I asked the guy today how I was supposed to get around that, he snottily replied, "Well it's not like your going to make 30 grand off this transaction," I snottily replied back, "Yea, but when you're already in an upper tax bracket, every penny counts. And 10 grand is a lot of pennies." That shut him up.
- Which leads me to my next point- you can't always judge someone based on what the own. It goes both ways. Just because someone drives a BMW, it doesn't mean they're loaded- they could be eating Ramen to drive that car. And just because I only paid for a small time share doesn't mean that I'm some desperate idiot who can't afford their vacation plan and needs to sell it to you when I can bank it for two extra years with RCI. Grrrrr....
- My poor baby is sick. I'm confident it's from that breeding ground of disease known as daycare. In the two weeks he's been there he's already had a bout of diarrhea and is now at home with a cough, fever and double ear infection. *sigh* I had to leave work early to get him. I can't afford to keep doing this if I want to have another kid.
- Speaking of work- my morning kids are going to be a total pain in my butt, but my afternoon kids are starting to ROCK. I hope it's enough to get me through the year.
- We took Max to the zoo for the first time yesterday. Got to see the BABY ELEPHANT. Super cute. :) I'll leave you with some pictures from the trip.
Max loved peeking at us through these holes
.
He got to see lions and tigers AND bears. Oh my!
Hello baby elephant!!!!
5 comments:
Super cute pictures! So fun...
I have never seen anyone so excited to pet a fake skunk! Or a real one for that matter!
I totally agree with you on the annoying telemarketers who think we are the idiots since they are reading from their script.
that picture in the hole was too cute! ha!
our whole family got sick the kids first week at daycare (a little more than 48 hour bugs) so i know what it feels like to leave work and deal with sick kids- NO FUN!
hope he's feeling better soon!
Hope Max feels better soon!
I love all the zoo pics!
I agree with others - super cute pictures! His hair has really lightened up.
I hope Max gets used to the daycare germs and that situation gets better.
Finally, you know an English teacher is pissed off when she uses the wrong version of you're/your (telemarketer quote). Sorry, couldn't resist!
Post a Comment