Max is 7 weeks old today. And tonight, for the very first time, we are going to try laying him to sleep in his own crib. And that makes me sad. For the last 49 days he's slept in our room with us. And now I have this irrational feeling that we are kicking him out of the nest. Like he's not good enough to sleep with mom and dad.
I think it's because the dogs sleep in the bedroom with us. Maggie even sleeps in bed with us. So putting Max in his own room makes it feel like we're excluding him from the "fun". We still let the dogs sleep in our room, so why not Max?
I'm sure that I will get over this...but right now, it makes me sad. :(
5 comments:
Right now it is sad, but when Max is older you will want your own room--especially if he is one of those kids that move a lot/make a lot of noise in their sleep.
What I was getting at, it is best to start the trend of him in his own room early so he gets used to it. I don't know if I ever slept in my parent room. I was never allow to sleep with them if I had a nightmare, I know that.
Do what feels right for you...one of the wonderful things about being a parent is that you can decide what fits your family lifestyle :)
trust me - this is a VERY good decision. we got in the bad habit of letting nicole sleep with us for a while and that while turned into three months. eek! better now than later.
being sad is okay though. :)
Do you have a bassinet or will the crib fit in your room? Grace's reflux was so bad I had an irrational fear that she'd aspirate so I made her sleep in her own crib... but she was still in the room. That made the transition from Mommy's room to nursery (with brother) much easier on her since it was just a change of scenery.
Post a Comment