Friday, October 24, 2008

I have about a million things that I could blog about.

My baby shower was fun, delicious food, good company, and wonderful/generous presents. There are very few things left on our registry that we "need" vs. "want". It was disappointing that people had to cancel. Some didn't even call to tell me. I can understand having to miss the shower, but to not even call....they definitely missed out a good time. The Lisa Quiz was by far my favorite part of the shower. Karen and Sarah F tied for first place in answering 8/10 questions correctly. I deftly tricked them on who my first boyfriend was, and they both guessed that I was a fatter baby. :) Here's a copy of the quiz in case you feel brave enough to take it....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Lisa Quiz

How much did Lisa weigh when she was born?
6 pounds, 13 ounces
7 pounds, 13 ounces
8 pounds, 13 ounces
9 pounds 13 ounces

What was the name of Lisa’s first boyfriend?
Adam
Nick
Phish
Kendall

What instrument did Lisa play in UD’s marching band?

List the names of Lisa’s dogs:

Which of the following does Lisa want to do in this political election?
Barack the Vote
Be a Maverick

Where did Lisa teach before working in Vandalia?
Troy
Tipp City
Piqua
Sidney

True or False: Lisa got pregnant on her FIRST TRY.

Which of the following is Lisa’s favorite movie?
National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
Pride and Prejudice
Sponge Bob Squarepants: The Movie
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

True or False: Lisa and Kendall have been together since she was a teenager.

What nickname do Lisa and Kendall call their unborn child?
Baby Bling
Million Dollar Baby
The Money Pit
The Nugget
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had an interesting day at work today. It was the end of the quarter and the kids had a half day and we had the afternoon to work on grades. I had an irate grandmother harassing me via email. The funny part is that I think SHE thinks that she's a big shot real estate agent in town and that she can intimidate me with her name. She's obviously not heard of me. And she's in for a rude awakening when her grandson hits the 8th grade. If she thinks I'm a hard 7th grade teacher....hopefully they request that her grandson be placed in my Nemesis's class. She was basically trying to bully me into changing his grade, even though it was his fault his grade had dropped to a D. What she failed to recognize is that like Wyatt Earp, I am "an oak". I got the assistant principal involved and spanked her ass via email. :P

Next week the 8th graders go to Washington D.C. This is the first year I am not going. I'm happy. I'll get to stay back for the week and follow sub plans for another teacher that is going in my place. My goal is to get my long term sub plan binder together. I only have 7 weeks til Max is due to be born. I should probably get all of my ducks in a row, just in case.

Time to go listen to some 98 Degrees and play some Mahjongg!

9 comments:

Laura - Dining Review Tampa said...

Glad your shower was fun! I think it's hilarious that you are playing Mahjong...I played for hours a day when I was prego...it's the perfect stress release!

So is the Nugget's name going to be Max?

Anne said...

Wow, 1st boyfriend...haven't thought of Nick in years. You ever hear anything about him?

Sounds like the showers were a lot of fun! Glad you got most of the stuff you need!

Karen said...

i take a special pride in knowing you better than (almost) anyone! :)

stupid adam for not getting to you faster!!!!

Finlands finest said...

When are you going to give the quiz answers?? Or do I have to list my answers first??

Martha said...

I'm with Jen! Are you going to let us know the answers? Or perhaps, Karen could post the answers to your quiz. :)
Glad you had another good shower! 7 weeks. Wow, you're life is about to change immensely in less than/about 2 months... :)

Karen said...

Oh i'm happy to post the answers!!

The Lisa Quiz

How much did Lisa weigh when she was born?
6 pounds, 13 ounces


What was the name of Lisa’s first boyfriend?
Nick


What instrument did Lisa play in UD’s marching band? MELLOPHONE

List the names of Lisa’s dogs: MORRIE & MAGGIE

Which of the following does Lisa want to do in this political election?
Barack the Vote


Where did Lisa teach before working in Vandalia?
Sidney

True or False: Lisa got pregnant on her FIRST TRY. FALSE

Which of the following is Lisa’s favorite movie?
National Lampoon’s Christmas V
Pride and Prejudice


True or False: Lisa and Kendall have been together since she was a teenager. TRUE

What nickname do Lisa and Kendall call their unborn child?
The Nugget

Viki said...

I didn't know the first two, but got all of the rest. Fun quiz. :-)

Glad you're not in DC this year - hope subbing in the other class is relaxing for you and that you're getting your binder together!

Martha said...

I'm confused - which movie is the favorite? Christmas Vacation or Pride & Prejudice?

LisaMarie said...

Pride and Prejudice- I don't know why Karen left Christmas Vacation on there.