Well, I still haven't gotten a hold of the guy who takes care of the long term sub hiring. I've decided to call and send him an email every day until he gets back to me.
My mom went to the doctor today. They did a scan of her kidney, no visible cancer. They did one of her bladder, no visible cancer. So while we are extremely relieved to hear that it's not cancer (at least at this point) it's still frustrating to know that she's having weird bleeding and no explanation. I was pretty sure it was going to be cancer. She's been in remission for almost 15 years from her first cancer. They say that most survivors of aggressive cancers die from a secondary cancer. So I keep waiting for it to happen, I'm preparing for it to happen. I was very relieved to know it's not time yet. (Doesn't that sound awful?)
She also got a bill from her insurance company this week stating that they weren't paying the bill for her hospital stay. The note on the statement said that after reviewing her medical files, they found that it was medically unnecessary for her to have been admitted to the hospital for 3 days. How is that their call? The DOCTOR admitted her, she didn't ask to stay. Who says, "Yes, I'd like to stay in the hospital for my 55th birthday and let you poke and prod me for several days while I get no sleep and smell icky"? So she's waiting to see what the hospital says.
On another ridiculous note, our laptop asked me to install the newest Windows service pack last night. Being the dedicated person that I am, I did. And then when I went to reboot the computer, it refused to boot Windows. Thank GOD we paid for the 5 year warranty and service plan from Dell. The most annoying part of the process is that I've now learned that Dell has outsourced their service department to India. I'm sorry, but what the crap? The guy I spoke with could barely speak English. I know the whole world doesn't have to speak MY language, but when I call Dell from AMERICA, I should get someone speaking AMERICAN. It took twice as long to try to troubleshoot my problem because I had to ask him to repeat things and I had to enunciate for him to understand me. After 45 mins I needed a break. The problem is still not fixed. I'm going to use their live chat service tonight so that at least we are typing the same language.
I told Kendall that when the warranty expires on this laptop, we're getting a Mac. :)
7 comments:
I think they've started outsourcing everything to India. I heard of a drive-thru at a Kentucky McDonalds that the call gets sent to India, and then the order back to the McDonalds.
I hate it when you do what your computer tells you to and then it starts being stupid.
And I'm glad your mom isn't showing any cancer. Keeping my fingers crossed that it gets figured out soon...
The denial from the insurance may be due to mis-coding the admission or not coding her previous cancer as part of the diagnosis. She might send a copy of her EOB to her doctor and ask his billing office to resubmit with corrected coding. A letter from her physician stating medical need could also help when they resubmit. Fun, fun stuff- medical billing.
That insurance stuff is ridiculous, I hope it gets straightened out without to much trouble. And very glad to hear that there aren't any signs of cancer. Hopefully they will figure out what is going on quickly.
I feel your pain on the service phone call as well. A couple weeks ago I was on the phone with my cable service for almost an hour, and after repeating myself to 6 different people I finally got the problem fixed.
good thoughts to your mom during this frustrating and anxious time!
I told my brother i was getting a mac for our next computer and he looked at me like i had 3 heads.
Hope your mom gets the insurance stuff covered, and hope the docs can help figure out how to make her better!
Thinking good thoughts for your mom. Hopefully everything gets figured out soon and the medical billing gets fixed.
I hope your mom gets better soon! That insurance thing is a pet peeve of mine. They should not profit off someone else's health (or lack thereof).
Pisses me off. All insurances are crap, yet you're even more screwed if you don't have it. Crap on them.
To be fair, many Indians speak Queen's English, so their English shouldn't be too far off (they will, of course, have an accent).
I agree with Karen - I'd go for a Mac. Except when I get my replacement computer, I can't afford one at this moment, so I'll be getting another PC. Boo.
Post a Comment