Well, the spotting has stopped. I'm not going to worry about it since it wasn't red and it's not constant. I have my own theories on what was going on. I'm definitely going to take it easy in Vegas and spend most of my time sitting at a slot machine or laying by/in the pool.
Just wanted to share a few random things about my pregnancy that I've never heard anyone else mention....maybe for good reason!
1. Gagging- My allergies are definitely up and running and in the morning, I have a lot of phlegm. Since pregnancy started, every time I cough up that phlegm, I gag. It's gross. And slightly fascinating at the same time. Every time I cough, I wonder if I'm going to gag. And every time I gag, I wonder if I'm going to throw up. :P
2. Aversion to meat- I love meat. I'm a carnivore! But since pregnancy started, all meat tastes funny and usually dry. I have to order a steak medium rare to even think it tastes slightly juicy right now. I usually order them medium. That tastes like cardboard. Hamburgers, I only get half way through before I start gagging. Hot dogs, if I eat them fast, we're okay. (Don't worry, they're the all beef kind.) The only way I can eat chicken, is if it's covered in some type of sauce. Weird....
3. Absurd craving for Lemon Lime Sno Shack- yes, it's shaved ice, with flavor. But it just tastes so freaking good. And surprisingly, it's the ONLY food I currently crave. I have an entire list of aversions, one craving.
4. Strange dreams- Even stranger than I'd normally have, and I have strange dreams. The worst dream I'm had happened just the other night. I had a dream that Kendall died of a heart attack. I didn't actually see him die in the dream. I just knew he had died. And I went back to work like the next day, and I was sitting at this picnic table crying, telling my co-worker how now Kendall would never get to see his baby. It was bad. I woke up crying. Other dreams are just bizarre. Like the one I had about teaching a classroom full of teenage hoodlums that I screamed at. Or the one I had last night where I overheard a conversation between two of my students and the boy was implying that he had a huge penis. Yeah, that one was hilarious.
Okay, that's enough. We're leaving for Las Vegas tomorrow, so I probably won't post til we get back on the 28th. I'll try to take pictures of some of the hot girls. :) And hopefully we strike it rich on the slot machines!
8 comments:
I'm with you on the meat thing. I don't think I ate meat until I was about 7 or 8 months. I could choke down a piece or two but that was about it!
Congrats again and definitely take it easy in Vegas! Use sunscreen because you burn easier when you are pregnant.
Good luck at the slots!!
See the world wants you guys to be vegetarians! LOL
The dreams will probably get stranger as you go through the pregnancy. It's all those raging hormones. Make sure you post the ones about random hot guys doing naughty things...
Have fun in Vegas!!!!
I can't wait to hear more of your pregnancy randomness! the gag thing had me particularly intrigued (i'm serious. I can appreciate it. I may be grossed out by other, but when it happens to me, I think it's cool. I would have shared gross details like that,too).
Wait...Sarah never posted her hot steamy random men dreams!!
Have a WONDERFUL and relaxing vacation. And win a lot of money on slots!!!
I know you're only 3 months, but are you showing yet? (I have NO IDEA when showing starts; I have a HAUNCH (hunch) that is probably later, 4 or 5 months?) When do the pregnancy profile shots start???
if you strike it rich remember us little people!
i had no food aversions or cravings, or gagging, or anything. this is fascinating!
I DID have fabulous sex dreams - the only time in YEARS i've gotten any!
I had the opposite meat thing. I'd have to have the dang thing burnt to not taste blood. Ick!
The gag thing I totally relate to. Unfortunately, that hasn't completely gone away...maybe it's just 'cause my allergies have gotten worse.
And on that note- I craved anything tart or sour because my brain couldn't think barf and omigodthatissour at the same time... the Sno thing sounds right up my alley!
Have a great time in Vegas!!
I agree with Karen, wait till you have the sex dreams! Have fun in Vegas, but don't let what happens stay there...tell us!
When Elisa was pregnant last year she had a different meat thing. She had been a vegetarian for years, and as soon as she got pregnant she was craving meat all the time! So she ate meat daily while she was pregnant, and hasn't eaten any since Gio was born.
I wanna hear about the hot dreams!
Post a Comment