Sunday, June 15, 2008

Stressed

Sorry I've been MIA all week. I have had an upset stomach pretty much every day and I've had two random days of very very very light spotting. It's freaking me out. The first was Tuesday at the Dr's office. They found some blood in my urine. The lab work came back fine, and they did an ultrasound and the baby was fine. Good heartbeat. Squirming around. My cervix looked fine too. But it's hard to tell until 20 weeks if your cervix is really strong enough to hold the baby. The dr doesn't seem concerned. Kendall doesn't seem concerned. I can't stop thinking my baby is going to die.

I had some more spotting today. Just once. Again, extremely light. Not red. I'm still hoping the nugget is fine. If I have any more I'll go to the Dr. again. Anyone else have random spotting ever? *sigh* It just can't be uncomplicated, can it? Just when I get my confidence up and feel like things are "normal", something abnormal has to happen to make me believe everything is going to go wrong. I'll be 14 weeks on Tuesday. I'm supposed to be out of the "danger zone". What the crap?

Postive vibes needed.....

10 comments:

Martha said...

*positive vibes*
*hugs*
I get random slight spotting quite often - every month. But I'm not pregnant so it probably doesn't matter for what you are asking. I may have just given you and all your readers TMI...

Laura said...

Lisa, I feel for you. Are you at a high risk doctor? I would call and insist of a check-up whenever you feel nervous or worried. Random spotting is normal, but I understand how worried you are about it. Just going in to have the doc check things over can help settle your nerves, and just in case anything looks strange they can stay on top of it. It's really hard, but try to stay positive...Nugget seems strong and healthy and maybe your little Erdahl was just jealous about all of the attention that the flooded basement got, so s/he is getting your attention :)

Anne said...

Seconded wondering if you are going to a high-risk doctor. I didn't spot but I know many who have and everything is normal. I, too, was terrified something was going to happen to Juliet, but I can't imagine the fear you must have after all you have been through. Call your doctor whenever you feel the need. That's why they are doctors. Because they want to help you and Baby Nugget. I was glad to see they did an ultrasound right away.

Karen said...

Everything i've ever read (and you're "talking" to someone who read a crazy amount of stuff on babies) says spotting is not a problem as long as it's spotting and not flowing. You've got two very smart doctors unworried so i would gain some confidence in the issue from that.

Now, mother to mother, hell yeah that freaks you out. I too was overly aware of everything my body did (hence why i read a lot) so you're perfectly normal for feeling the way you do!

*hugs*

Miss you.

Finlands finest said...

*positive vibes*

I have nothing to contribute being I have never tried to get pregnant and have never been pregnant. I do feel for you and understand how stressed you must be. I hope the nugget continues to be normal and stays healthy.

Sarah said...

Even if every expert in the world were telling you everything was fine you would still have the right to freak out at this point. Sending positive vibes and lots of hugs your way. Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Martha said...

Out of curiosity, are you done with school stuff for the season?

Viki said...

I was going to say the same thing Martha did...but seriously, if your husband, who is obviously the best doc any of us know, thinks you're Ok, I'd say you're Ok.

Sending positive thoughts every day...

MommaCarbzilla said...

Lisa- Just adding in on the same note. I spotted constantly through both my pregnancies and had period like cramping.

If you are worried, though, keep the conversation going with your doctor. Only you know your body and your baby and since the docs see ALOT of pregnant women with symptoms all over the place they tend to answer with "It's normal, it's just a pregnancy thing".

Mamma Sarah said...

Sending you positive vibes!!! Hang in there. Like Karen said, mother to mother you will always have freak out moments and it's totally ok to drive your docs crazy insane. I'm sure you're not the first and certainly not the last. Hugs to you!