So I don't recall if I mentioned how I bitched out my annoying co-worker a couple of months ago? It felt awesome, word spread like wildfire that someone had FINALLY done what no one else had the guts to do, I was a celebrity in my building, AND it stopped her annoyingness (not a real word, I know) for a while.
Well over the last two months she's slowly built back up to her annoying ways again. Sulking and pouting when she doesn't get her way or she feels ignored. Walking out of the room because she's angry. Saying things to people that are inappropriate. Butting her nose in other people's business. I've been pretty happy about The Nugget (FYI, not Golden Nugget, just Nugget) so I haven't really felt the need to kill her.
Then today happened. We were getting the kids ready for our graduation ceremony that we throw them. While putting kids into rows alphabetically, we discovered that the program had some serious flaws to it.
We're not sure how they got there because several of us had looked it over and made some changes, and none of it appeared that way when we looked at it. The annoying co-worker had taken it upon herself to print a copy of the program and make all of the copies on the nice, fancy, EXPENSIVE paper we had purchased. She didn't proof it for errors one final time before copying it.
Now this is a woman who is super anal about everything. I'm SHOCKED that she didn't proof the copy before running several hundred on expensive paper. Who wouldn't check it one last time?!?!?! So she's upset. Obviously. Many of us were slightly upset, but figured it was no big deal. We'd just have to print new copies on cheaper paper. We've done it before.
When I say, "We're going to need to recopy this tomorrow," she gets upset and says, "But I already copied it on the fancy paper." I said it wasn't a big deal, I'd just use some lavender paper that I had in my room. She proceeds to storm out of the room and mutter under her breath, "Well that's a waste of paper..." So I couldn't help myself. I knew she didn't think I'd heard her. So I snippily replied, "It's fine if you want to hand out the bad copies on your fancy paper, but make sure you let everyone know that it was YOUR idea to hand out something with so many errors." She stormed away. And I stormed away....before I ripped her face off.
6 comments:
this woman needs to GROW UP and RETIRE. good lord!
You have more patience than I would with this woman.
You and the nugget don't need that stress. Glad you'll be on summer break soon!! We don't want her negative energies around the nugget anyway. These are impressional days for the nugget, afterall.
How does this woman deal with KIDS? Kids who don't always listen, follow orders, etc. How can one be so anal in such a situation?
Oh my lord, she is as bad as my crazy kids!!! Kudos to you for handling such obnoxious behavior in a humorous (yet honest) way.
How does someone like this teach?
Dude, I so need you to come take care of this one teacher for me at MY school...
Some people are such butts.
Post a Comment