Thirteen Books or Series I Could Read Over and Over and WHY:
1. Pride and Prejudice- Intellectually challenging and a GREAT classic romance. Mr. Darcy! Suprisingly, the movie and book seemed pretty equal in my mind. I love them both!
2. Harry Potter Series*- Gripping, lovable, who doesn't wish they could do magic?
3. A Series of Unfortunate Events*- Slightly dark, but once again gripping. You want the Beaudelair children to succeed.
4. The Princess Academy*- Super cute quick read about a little girl who learns how to be very brave when faced with a dangerous situation
5. Gone With the Wind- Yet another classic romance
6. The Things They Carried- A collection of short stories about the Vietnam War. Very graphic, but also heart wrenchingly beautiful relationships between soldiers.
7. Bridget Jones's Diary- a fun read about a crazy Brit
8. Shopaholic Series- If you love shopping and fashion, plus these books are hilarious! The heroine is always getting herself in sticky situations!
9. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Series*- Who doesn't wish they owned a pair of jeans that fit them and three of their friends and ALL of their asses look good in them?!?!
10. Left Behind Series- Loosely based on the Book of Revelation, they're a fascinating read about what might happen at the end of the world
11. The Devil Wears Prada- Better than the movie, just as most books are. But also vastly different- You've been warned.
12. The Nanny Diaries- Once again, probably better than the movie will be. This girl is seriously pushed to the edge working for an Upper East Side Nanny.
13. The Bible- sounds silly, but it's got some really good stories.
Admitedly, 4 of these are young adult lit, but they're too fun to pass up! I've denoted those books with an asterisk after the title incase anyone wants to read any of these and also provided links with the titles.
3 comments:
some goodies on there for sure!
damn. I consider myself to read a lot, and I've read probably less than half your list!!
I liked shopaholic series until there were just too many and it wasn't so quirky anymore. I think I've only read the first 3 or 4 - I know some have been written that I have not read.
Great list. I read the whol eleft behind series and found it fascinating. Have you read Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time Series? I am reading it right now, its sci fantasy, and intriguing!!
Post a Comment