Friday, March 16, 2007

Ahh, Friday

First, I would just like to say that I'm highly disappointed in some of my readers. Sarah F is the only one who was concerned about my body piercing...and for the record, I haven't pierced anything below my neck. I just wanted to see how carefully everyone reads! LOL!

So I had one of those moments at school today. I was teaching a lesson writing a business letter to the kids. We were writing the address of the recipient on the overhead and I spelled the last name of the recipient wrong. It was supposed to be spelled S-C-H-U-L-T-Z. I accidentally spelled it S-C-H-L-U-T-Z. To make matters worse, the kids pointed out my spelling error and I said, "That's okay, I like Schlutz!" (Make sure you read it out loud. It's funnier.....) We all started cracking up! I actually started laughing before everyone else. I realized as soon as it came out of my mouth that I had said something incredibly stupid and funny. Ahhhh, middle school......

I'm taking 40 kids to the ballet tonight. Through Muse Machine (a local arts program that we run in schools) I got some cheap tickets. Some of the kids aren't thrilled about going, but I told them that they need to at least try it. If they hate if afterwards, that's okay. But part of the goal of Muse Machine is to expose kids to different types of art. And ballet is one of them. I'm looking forward to it.

We got a call today that someone else would like to look at our house on Sunday at 5! Our realtor told us that if we got one request a week we were doing good for our neighborhood! So I guess we're doing good! Getting the house ready was VERY stressful. But suprisingly actually having the house up for sale is a lot more fun. The cleaning sucks, but the excitement of that phone call that someone wants to see it makes it worth it! The anticipation is killing me!

6 comments:

Finlands finest said...

For the record I assumed it was a bellybutton piercing. There was that phase about 5 years ago where everyone got it...course I did kinda wonder if it was a nipple since you like to show them off!! hehe

Mamma Sarah said...

I'm glad that you have a showing on your house. Hopefully it will go well and the next news you post is that there is a contract!!! :-)

TreyJ said...

I've never understood ballet. I respect it, and know that it takes an enormous amount of control and coordination for dancers to do what they do, but I just don't get it.

LisaMarie said...

I laughed out loud at Jen's comment! That's great! Honestly, my belly is too fat to get it pierced. I fully believe if you're going to get it pierced, you should have to show it off....and there's no way anyone would want to look at my flab!

Sarah said...

I must say I'm very relieved to hear that there is no piercing, I was really starting to wonder......

Awesome news on the progress with the house, I've been sending good vibes your way!

Karen said...

how did hte showing go? did they offer on the spot!?