Monday, February 26, 2007

Giant Bottle of Fruity Wine

First let me start by saying that the Erdahls were very disappointed that the Eutslers did not sleep over at their house. Kendall was looking forward to some cuddle time with Jim. *sigh*

I could write paragraph and paragraph about all of the crap that we're doing to our house and how we're not really ready for this weekend, but that would be incredibly boring, and I would hate to bore you. So I'm going to write about my giant bottle of wine that I bought today.......booze always makes for a great story!

So, first of all, I bought this "giant bottle of fruity wine" because I've now had my period for 17 days. I know, TMI. My stupid cyst won't die I guess. So I've decided two things.
1. I'm not doing any more of this stupid infertility drug crap, it's what gave me the cyst in the first place.
2. I'm going to drink a very large bottle of wine over the next several days and hope that it resets my body. Not that that would ever work, but at least I have an excuse to drink!

So, as I was buying my "giant bottle of fruity wine" at the grocery store today, I didn't get carded. Actually, I haven't been carded like the last 5 times I've bought booze. And it made me think that one of three things had to be the reason why.

1. I'm starting to look really old. But then I thought, "No, this can't be true, because I know I look fabulous! I'm not even thirty yet!" Safely eliminated that option.

2. I looked confident. I didn't avoid eye contact with the cashier, and I made polite conversation. She admired my Vera Bradley wallet and I chatted about how expensive they were.

3. I only bought one bottle. If I had gone through with several bottles it might have looked suspicious. Who buys more than one "gbofw"? (I got tired of typing it out...)

It has to be a combination of options 2 and 3. Which makes me think, "Why wasn't I doing this years ago when I was under 21?!?!" Because I KNOW it can't be that I'm starting to look old.....RIGHT??!!!?!?!

8 comments:

Martha said...

SEVENTEEN DAYS? OI. You deserve more than just one giant bottle of fruity wine....

(grrr. I get annoyed when these "visual verification" thingy don't actually show up....)

Anne said...

I haven't been carded in awhile either...of course, a load of groceries and a bottle of wine look rather "grown-up." I guess. Still, even when I only bought a 6 pack of corona-stuff a few weeks ago, no carding. I'm quickly approaching 27..this is depressing. I haven't been mistaken for a senior in high school in 2 years! Guess I look like a college student now.

And...17 days? El sucko. :/

Karen said...

this is that weird paradox when getting carded was frustrating and now here we wouldn't mind it!

Sarah said...

I often find it amusing that I rarely get carded when buying alcohol, but almost always get carded when buying cigarettes. How does that make sense?!?!

Mamma Sarah said...

Hmmmm... must be the places we go. I ALWAYS get carded, even with a baby in tow. Oh well

Danny loves getting carded...

Mamma Sarah said...

P.s. Sorry to hear about Flo's extended visit. That really sucks!!!

Martha said...

my cousin learned about the whole getting carded for cigarettes and not alcohol once...she purchased both..nothing as they swiped the alcohol, however, carded when she asked for cigs. Why? something about the law stating if you look under 26 or 30 or something...so while they didn't question her being over 21, they did question her being over 26 or whatever for the cigs. regulations. BS in my opinion (and I don't smoke!!) I still pass for high school. Ok. most recently it's been college OR HS (meaning it's not as obvious HS)
How's the giant bottle of fruity wine?!?

Martha said...

beings that I apparently do still look so young, I find it sl. disturbing that I don't get carded so often (then again, if I pass for 18, think how a true 18 yr old may look to the cashier...?)