Thursday, October 26, 2006

A Day to Bitch

Okay, seriously, I need to do a little bitching today. Nothing serious. Just some personal and some random complaints...

1. Stupid period. Again. For the 21st month in a row. GARRRR!!!!

2. WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush signed a bill Thursday authorizing the construction of a fence along one-third of the 2,100-mile U.S. border with Mexico, but missing from the legislation is a means to pay for it. What the crap is this all about? I'm sure as hell not letting my tax dollars pay for a stupid ass fence to keep out Mexicans that will just climb over it or dig under it when my own freaking yard doesn't have a privacy fence yet. I live in a neighborhood with lots of illegal immigrants, do I get a cut of this fence? (I'm sorry, it's really rude, but it needs to be said.)

3. Co-workers who work during their lunch shouldn't try to eat lunch with people who just want to sit and goof off. I go to my friend's room every day to talk and laugh and discuss our favorite TV shows. I do NOT go there to talk about my job. One of my teammates has been showing up to lunch doing just that. Yesterday, Kendall came to eat lunch with me, and this co-worker would not stop bugging me about work, something we could have taken care of after school. Even Kendall was annoyed!

4. Britney Spears has named her second baby son Jayden James -- and that, finally, is official. The September 12 birth certificate, filed with Los Angeles officials this week, was the latest twist in the rumor and secrecy that marked the arrival of the once publicity-hungry pop star's second baby. Not only was the birth at a Los Angeles hospital never officially announced by Spears or her husband Kevin Federline, but sources close to the couple led the world's media to believe that the boy had been named Sutton Pierce. This is why you should have to apply for a license to have a baby. She would never pass the test.

5. I'm really getting tired of my neighbor across the street letting her friends park in my spot. Now I know it's a public street and open to any cars, but does she really need to let her friend park her car directly in front of my house? No. She could tell her to park down a block and walk, just like every other neighbor tells their guests to do out of courtesy.

6. DENVER, Colorado (AP) -- A powerful snowstorm dumped 18 inches of snow in parts of the Colorado mountains and spread eastward Thursday, snarling traffic and shutting down dozens of school districts. Where the hell is MY 18 inches of snow and a snow day?!?!?!?!!!

7. Stupid, stupid period.

8. One to add after the fact. I just went to Arby's to get a quick meal. Now I don't expect much of the fast food industry. However, I do expect a little respect, no matter where I am getting service. I also expect to get what I paid for. The Arby's I went to this evening gave me neither. My cup was covered in pop when the drive-thru employee tried to hand it to me. I politely asked him to clean off the cup. He sighed, and after shoving the cup and food back out the window at me, he slammed the window and I didn't get so much as a "Thank you" or "Have a nice evening". There's the rudeness. When I got the food home, it was cold, soggy, and drenched in mayo. I dealt with it, because there was no way I was going back, and turned to my cherry turnover. As I bit in, I discovered my cherry turnover was actually an apple turnover...and it too was soggy and cold. Not getting what I paid for. RI-DIC-U-LOUS.

5 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

You mean to tell me when we come visit were suppose to park a block away and not in front of your place??? Man... I guess I have pissed your neighbors off at one point or another by parking there. :-(

I hate fast food places these days. Stupid punk teenagers!

That's a good ideas about having to apply for a baby licence. That means that prego women should also then be entitled to handicap parking.

Karen said...

regarding arby's-- i had a crappy experience at Burger King once and called in about it. Ironically, 1 year later i sold thier franchise headquarters as a client of mine! no, i didn't bring up that i wasn't satisfied as a customer and am boycotting one of thier stores...

Viki said...

Next time we will carpool to your house and point out to your stupid neighbors that we are doing so in order to be curteous to them - think they'll get it? :-)

Annoying coworkers suck, and I agree on the fence - I think it's a typical thing, however, for the government to come up with these things and not have figured out how to fund them.

As for Arby's, never really do that. I still think that Wendy's has the absolute best customer service ever!

Sarah said...

I agree with Viki that I've always had good service at Wendy's. And about it being typical of the government to not have a plan. What else is new!?!

And stop wishing for snow!!!!

Mamma Sarah said...

Amen Sarah... no wishing for snow yet... but to be honest I'd rather have snow than all this crappy rain!