I laughed, I almost cried, I sat on the edge of my seat, and at times I was plain bored. I'm not really sure how I felt about King Kong. I know that we had a good time with Jon and Missy. I know that there were parts of the movie where we were laughing and the rest of the theater wasn't. Overall, I have to say it wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen...that would have to be The Forty-Year-Old Virgin. I almost got up and walked out of that one after like 15 minutes. I was able to sit through the entire THREE HOUR showing of King Kong. So I must not have thought it was that awful.Here are some of my favorite parts...and don't worry, they don't really ruin the movie if you haven't seen it yet.......
1. "Only one animal makes a print that big...the Abominable Snowman" ~shipmate's comment upon seeing King Kong's footprint in the mud

2. Jack Black playing a semi-serious role, he's almost ruthless at times!
3. King Kong fighting a T-Rex- he rips its tongue out with his teeth after he pries its jaws apart- I laughed out loud at this part...only Jon and Kendall joined me, the rest of the theater was silent!
4. Adrien Brody- he's so cute in that nerdy sort of way
5. Playing with your kill- When Kong flaps the jaw of a dead T-Rex for sheer enjoyment, it must be a man thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment