Friday, July 02, 2010

HECK YEA!

So the language arts coordinator for our school district sent me a text today that had me smiling. You're probably wondering, "He texted you?" Yes. He used to be our assistant principal and we became friends while he was in our building. And he's very good about using modern technology to communicate. Anyways, you're also probably wondering, "What did the text say?" Wellll....I found out that 100% of my kids passed the OAA (Ohio Achievement Assessment)! That means even the ones that were total TURDS and didn't write much for their answers had a passing score of at least 75% or better.

I also found out that I have a Perfomance Index of 111! The coordinator also told me that he thinks I got the highest PI of all language arts teachers in the district! HECK YEA!

I feel like all of my hard work this year paid off. Especially because I didn't feel like it was my best year since I was balancing work and family. Since my "arch nemesis" is teaching the advanced kids this year, I'll be very interested to see how their scores do....

4 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

That is a super achievement and glad to hear you are a rock star teacher. :-)

Karen said...

congrats to you!! that's something to be proud of!

Anne said...

HELLZ YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viki said...

Woo-hoo! Good job!