Saturday, December 05, 2009

Happy Holidays!

So we've been pretty busy beavers lately. Here's the quick highlights...
  • Max's first Thanksgiving was a success. I bought 2 dollar place mats in the shape of cornucopias at Kohl's the day before Thanksgiving and set a beautiful table with my china and crystal. Max ate turkey and yams and stuffing and pumpkin pie. Such a big boy! I find it hard to believe that last Thanksgiving he was a 9 pound baby in my belly! Then I look back at pictures of myself, and it's not so hard to believe. :)

  • Work has been stressful. Kids are stirring up crazy drama. We've already had one girl admitted to the mental hospital here in Troy, two boys got into a fist fight, a girl lied and told the grade she had cancer, another girl is spreading rumors that a 7th grade teacher is a lesbian and a boy is being accused of sexually harassing a girl via texting. *sigh* I really need these two weeks off....and then some!

  • Kendall, on the other hand, FINALLY signed his partnership contracts! He is now officially an "owner" of a small business. He owns 1/5 of the family practice. I took a half day off work to go to his office Christmas lunch and got to watch him sign all the paperwork and stocks. I have to admit, I got a little teary eyed. It took us a long time to get here. Lots of late nights for Kendall and doing things by myself have finally led to his dream of working in his own office. He got a very generous buy-in plan that puts us out of debt from the practice in just 4 years time. Which means we are NOT 1 million dollars in debt! Thank God!

  • Max can now say three words besides mama and dada. He says "bye bye", "hi" and "this". We think he is currently attempting "dog" (sounds like "daugh") and "grandma" (which sounds like "gaga", "gama" and "ga" depending on the day). He is also becoming VERY mobile. If you give him a little cart to push, he can walk around the whole room. I'm waiting for him to take that first step away from the furniture.

  • We also took Max is his first UD game! We only stayed for about an hour but he didn't seem intimidated by all of the noise and enjoyed watching the crowd. Looks like we're going to have to get some more tickets! GO FLYERS!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Hurray for Kendall!!! That's so cool. And your school situation is crazy!

Karen said...

that last picture of max and kendall is TOO CUTE! love the flyer pride!

Finlands finest said...

I cannot believe all of the craziness you have at school!

Congrats to Kendall (and his wondeful supportive wife)!

Max is getting soo big! I thought I saw him walking around at Karen's on Friday but it was the other little boy. I don't think I saw him take off with a cart. I did like my greeting by the door as he played butler! :)

Ms. Sarah said...

Holy cow, your work drama is starting to sound more like my work drama! Yikes! Hopefully there won't be anymore major issues before your two week mini break!

Congrats to Kendall (and you!) for the partnership finally being done, I know that was a big source of stress for both of you.

Max is amazing!