Friday night we went out with our neighbors to Bullwinkles for Restaurant Week. We had a great time sitting around chatting and laughing. It was a nice end to a very busy week at school. The only bad part of the day was that the girl who we pay to clean our kitchen never showed and never called to say she wasn't showing. I was counting on her to get that done and didn't factor in the time for my baby shower prep. I left her a voicemail asking her to call me with an explanation for her no show. She called shortly after and gave me a story about her mother-in-law getting into a car accident. Now I'm a sympathetic person, but she was lying. Her story didn't make any sense. So I think she's fired. I haven't 100% decided.
Saturday I threw Jessica's baby shower. It went extremely well. The cake was adorable. All of the food was delicious. And my idea to create a scrapbook for pictures of Madeleine's birthday went over well. Everyone thought it was a creative idea and the pages turned out wonderfully. I'd do the same activity again at another shower if I threw one. Frankly, I'd love it was done at my own baby shower some day. It was only slightly difficult to watch Jessica open her gifts and ooh and aah over what she got. There was a moment when I couldn't help but thinking, "I really wish this was me." There were also two babies present and three pregnant women. While it was hard to be surrounded by it, I made it through and had a good time. I just had to keep saying to myself, "Someday. It's not never."
Today we headed down to Karen's housewarming party and got to see the house with some extra furniture. It looked great! There were a lot of people there and a lot of great food. We got there right at 3, like the invitation said, and were the first people there. :) We helped Karen get some of the food together and it was good to have a few moments to just chat with her before the crowd got there. I'm greedy. I like one on one time. :) We are spending the rest of the evening watching the Super Bowl commercials and half time show. I'm not really wasting my time watching the game.
I have to be up at 5:30 tomorrow to get to the Dr at 7:15. I'm trying to miss as little work as possible for these appointments. It just sucks to get up so early on a Monday...UGH! I think it's going to be a long week.....
9 comments:
I want to add that the E's are amazing guests. Not only did they show up at the stroke of 3:00 but they helped me tremendously getting veggies ready and everything set out. Furhter, i came back to the kitchen once to see Kendall cleaning up my dishes! They're amazing!
THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!
Hope getting up wasn't too painful for you...
What about your cleaning girl's story didn't add up? I'd give her one more shot, but can her if she screws up again...
Glad you had a good weekend and what a bummer about your cleaning person. Was nice seeing you at the open house!
I think that the cleaning lady should have called if there was a problem. Now if she had had an accident, understandably she may not have gotten to you. I would have called if there was a family emergency and said that, can't get to your house today, family emergency...how hard would that have been??
I agree with Jen. I mean, I dropped everything and skipped town last week for a family emergency, but I made sure to call everyone who needed to know that I wasn't going to be around. I even called Elisa twice to make sure she got my message!
Glad to hear that the shower went well. I think you have the right mentality of "someday". I want to hear more about the scrapbook activity, then we will know what to do when it's your turn!
Hmm. The day my coworker's cleaning lady was a no call/no show their house was robbed....
However...with a family emergency..if it is a TRUE emergency, I can totally understand not calling. Yea, it's the right thing to do. But hearing her mother may be between life and death, is her top priority, oh, I should call and let them know I won't be there, or does everything else fly out the window and all concern go towards her family? IF it is true, I can understand forgetting to call, especially depending on the severity (on deathbead, yes. twisted ankle, um no. Don't know, just know there's been "an accident", yes).
The way the girl talked about it, she actually made it sound like there was no big deal. More of an annoyance than anything else.
My next door neighbor is friends with the cleaning girl and even she said she thinks that her friend is lying. And they've been friends for a really long time.
That's why I was so annoyed. It's not like I'd expect her to call me if her mother-in-law was almost dead.
Lisa, I was hoping the "my coworkers cleaning lady was a no call/no show and they were robbed that same day" comment would stick more. :) Be glad you weren't robbed was the real moral of my comment??!?? (the weird thing with them is she would call and let them know she'd be late, even though she would still be in and out before they got home - they technically would not know that she shifted her time by an hour or two). But months later - the cops actually think it was a teenage kid on lunch break from school. weird. He even let the dog OUT of its cage....
I could care less if I get robbed. It's all insured. :) I pay damn good money to get it all replaced too. :) Plus, I'd have the fun of shopping for it all over again! LOL!
The only ones I'd worry about would be my furry little babies. I always imagine someone kicking them so hard they died. That's the only thing I'd ever worry about it a robbery. Everything else is just material goods. I'd live.
Post a Comment