So I got a call tonight that we're closed tomorrow. Just our building. There is a gas line issue and we have no heat. SWEET! Our building is 100 years old. We use a BOILER to heat the building. It's so old they don't make parts for it anymore. When a part breaks we either pray that someone still sells the old parts (like searching for a vintage car) or they have to hire someone to come out and make a mold of the part and remake one out of new materials. Not a cheap thing to do. We actually have two boilers. We only run one at a time in case one breaks.
But I guess this is a main pipe issue.
So three day work week for me! And another 3 day weekend....can I hope for Monday off as well???? I'm so greedy.....*grin*
7 comments:
geesh. rubbin' it in!!!
I'm jealous!!!
I'm jealous!! I didn't want to get out of bed today. But I'm here...
And that you knew last night! That's even more fabulous!!!
I wish something like that would happen to our building, but it's too new...
:-P~~~~ Hope you did something fun on your day off.
Nice! I'm jealous! My building was on fire before school on Friday (electrical) but I still had school. I swear, half the building could burn down and I'd hear, "Double up classes." Bastards.
For someone who has *soooo much* free time, you sure don't blog enough. ;) What did you do with all your "extra" time????
Post a Comment