Okay, I just really felt the need to take a break from my latest trashy novel and write something really quick....
Why is it that I always imagine the heroines of these books to be my age? I just realized that I was doing it today when I read the sentence, "I'm fourteen and a half". Furthermore, it kinda started to gross me out. I get that the story took place in 1100 AD, but now I'm going to read the sexy parts and be thinking about a 9th grader. EW! And the guy she just married- he's 30. Yeah. Creepy by today's standards. I liked her better when I imagined her as a 28 year old woman. That's much sexier.
The real problem here is that I'll still read the book...and hopefully go back to imagining her as a 28 year old hotty. LOL!
2 comments:
Ewww--thats creepy to me to. Definately picture her as a sexy 28 yr old like you!! Much better thoughts.
yeah, it's historically accurate but pretty icky by today's standards.
I'm with you on the envisioning they're my age. I always assume that the character and i'd be friends too. THe books i don't like are the ones that the main character is too different from me and i can't substitute me in her place.
Post a Comment