Viki noted that I haven't posted in a few days, and I'm still here, but we've been really busy. Kendall has been on vacation since the 5th, hence why I haven't blogged, because we've been trying to cram as much fun into one week as it possible. Plus we've had a lot of family visiting!
My dad was here for the weekend. We had a marathon visit with them, starting with the Newport Aquarium. We walked that thing for like 3 hours. Then we headed over to Dave and Busters for an hour to kill time before we went to Benihanna's for dinner. My brother and sister had never been to a Japanese steak house before so they had a great time watching the chef cook our food at the table. After dinner we headed back north to Dayton and caught a 9pm showing of Pirates of the Carribean- Dead Man's Chest. We didn't get home until 12:30! Then we capped off their visit with another 3 hours at the Airforce Museum the next day. Man was I tired!
We went from the AFM to the mall to reward me for my patience with my siblings this weekend, where I bought my new Vera Bradley bag. I must say it's very cute. I'll post a picture later when Blogger is functioning properly. Then we headed over to London to visit with Kendall's grandparents who are in from South Dakota to see Annaliese. Spent the evening having dinner there.
Yesterday we had at-home massages that we'd purchased for each other's birthdays. One of the nurses Kendall works with will come to your house with her table and hot stones for 60 bucks an hour. Let me tell you, it was worth it. The fact that afterwards, I got to just lay on my couch like a blob was much nicer than having to drive home and just get all tense again. We will definitely have her over to the house again and if anyone would like her name and number, she's well worth the money. She's even based further south for those of you in Cincy. Then we had Kendall's family over for dinner. The whole gang came and we ate grilled food and played Greed, which everyone had a great time with.
Today we had a family photo taken. All of the Erdahl's got dressed up and headed to Troy to have our pictures taken with Anna. I'm really hoping they come out well. Kendall and I had a shot of ourselves taken alone too that will hopefully come out nice. The funniest part of the whole shoot was that Anna was being uncooperative for most of it....unless Uncle Kendall was nearby. We've now deemed him the Baby Whisperer because literally every time Anna gets fussy, if Uncle Kendall holds her she gets quiet. So we were watching Anna and her parents get all of these pictures taken where she was crying or making some funny face. We asked if we could get a picture of the four "kids" and Anna....and sure enough, as soon as Kendall got within her sights, Anna got all cute for the camera. The photographer couldn't get over how cute Anna looked in those shots. Hopefully we'll have one to post here.
Okay, that's enough for now. We still have almost a week of vacation time left to cram fun into. Tomorrow we may hit a double feature at the dollar movies! WHOOO HOOO!
5 comments:
sounds like fun! i'll be interested in seeing thsoe pics when you get them!
Sounds like lots of busy fun! Now that's what I call a summer vacation. :-D
I always love the Japanese steakhouse experience - going with kids is usually even more fun. I really want to get to the AFM some time, though.
Maybe if Trey ever gets a weekend off we can come out and visit together - Jelaine, his best friend Armand's wife, will be going to grad school at Wright-Patt this year anyway. Lots of good excuses!
An aquarium visit and a japanese steakhouse! That sounds like an awesome day to me!
WHERE ARE YOU?!
Post a Comment