Monday, December 19, 2005

Idoits of the World Unite!

So I couldn't have just one blog logged for today. I had to spend a moment paying tribute to several idiots of the day...myself included....

This morning I slipped on some water on the stairs in the school building. Trying to compensate for my fall I ended up catching my right foot in the cuff of my left foot and proceeded to strain something in my left leg. I had to hobble my way to the nurse's office. She gave me two motrin (I wanted to ask for another 600mgs) and a tiny bag of ice. As the day progressed my leg and ankle area started feeling tighter and tighter, even with ice and drugs. When I went to see the nurse again at lunch she asked me if I wanted to go see a doctor, I then abashedly told her that Kendall was a doctor and I would rather have him look at it first. She seemed irritated that I wasn't taking her professional opinion, but I'm not spending 2 hours in the ER so they can tell me the same thing Kendall will..."It's sprained. Keep icing it and take more drugs." The only difference is that Kendall will tell me I have to be naked before he examines anything...even my ankle...HA!

So my second idiot tribute goes out to a student I will call "M". M was running around the room this morning pretending he was on a skateboard. He was jumping in the air like he was doing tricks on the board. When the bell rang he continued to leap and dive around the room. I finally said to him, "Get in your seat and stop acting like an idiot!" He immediately got mad and said "So you're calling me an idiot?", to which I replied, "I guess so." Then he REALLY got mad...which made me happy!

My last idiot tribute goes out to the student who participated in today's practice spelling bee and spelled the word zucchini as I have typed it below:

ZUCINIO

No comments: