Friday, March 30, 2007

I *heart* my Realtor

So we've been having some small problems with the current owners to the Thornwood house. They have now insisted that they'd like to be present for the entire inspection of the house. Which made it more difficult for us to schedule a time to get it done because their schedule seems to be just as busy as ours, but on opposite days.

We finally got them to agree to 8:30 next Friday morning. We also had the fireplace inspector out to their place and he wrote a note on his inspection that the chimney needed to be cleaned so that he could inspect the inside. The realtor for this couple is either a total moron or is very slick, because she kept putting it off. Every time our realtor asked when they were having it cleaned, she made some excuse. Finally, David (our guy) said to her, "Maybe you should remind your clients what they paid for the house and the incredible deal their getting from my clients." Now, suddenly, the chimney is being cleaned.

We found out that the owners got a killer deal on this house because they bought it from a relocation company. We're paying these people 30K more than they paid for it. Now before you freak out and think we're dumb, they got a steal of the century for the property. We are paying a more than fair price for what we're getting and we are totally happy with what we're getting for the price. However, now that we know the profit they'll be making, we're asking them to fix anything and everything that the home inspector may find wrong.

On another note....I'm sitting with a check for 10K in my lap right now. I've been petting it! LOL! It's the first of Kendall's installments for his signing bonus. He gets another chunk in July and a very big chunk when we close on our house in June. I've never even seen a check for this amount of money, let alone held it in my hands! It's just another reminder of how much our lives are about to change. It's amazing! It's unbelieveable! It's going to buy me a baby! LOL! But seriously, as shitty as that aspect of my life has been (the baby part) I'm really greatful for the fact that Kendall and I have made it through all of his training without killing each other. And now we finally get to live like the rock stars we aspire to be! It's just going to be nice to live comfortably and not have to worry about how we're going to pay the bills. And like I said, for that I am VERY greatful.

1 comment:

Karen said...

hooray for big checks and bigger houses! :) can't wait to get the tour!