So just a little over two weeks to go. I'm obviously VERY ready. I'm also panicking that I'm not ready to leave work. It's so weird to think I'm leaving the education of my "kids" in someone elses hands. Have I left enough info? Materials? Guidance? I'm sure I won't think about it much once Max is born, but right now I'm anxious.
I bought some compression socks. I totally feel like an old lady wearing them. But they help a little. At least they help keep some of the swelling down so that Kendall can rub the rest of it away more quickly at night. I wish I could say that I got to enjoy a the foot rub, but they're pretty painful and I usually grimace through them and try not to cry out because it makes Kendall feel bad.
In addition to that irritation my right hand has now gotten swollen enough that it's irritating one of the nerves. My thumb, index, and middle fingers are now constantly numb and tingly. It's super annoying. And makes it hard to do stuff, like type. Or put on makeup. Or grade papers. Or eat. I'm seeing a physical therapist two days a week (hopefully only 4 more visits) to try to alleviate the issue, but it's pretty much a vain attempt.
I'm headed to the doctor for an ultrasound tomorrow to determine just how large he is. If he's big enough, I'm hoping that my OB will help me along early. Like next week. :) I'm pretty sure I'm not going to go back to work starting next week even if I don't have a baby. I think I just need the time off. I'm exhausted. And I'd rather be miserable at home. I didn't think I'd feel that way. I thought I'd work til I had him, but I'm ready now to just stay home and rest. At least as much as possible. I'm not sure how Kendall will feel about it, but then again, he's not the one carrying around an extra person, so his vote doesn't count for much. :)
I'll try to write about something more upbeat later. Sorry to complain so much.
8 comments:
Good luck!
Truthfully, I never understood the people who work until they deliver. Granted, I also don't get the people who volunterily take at least a month off prior to the due date (b/c that takes away time from after the baby is born, assuming they're returning to work). And I say 'those who volunteer' meaning it's not like it's doctor's orders or whatnot. What do doctors typically recommend, anyway?
I think you deserve the few days to rest your body and mentally prepare!! But then, my opinion doesn't count for anything, anyway.
Off pregnancy topic, I read that around Oregon, budget cuts will likely force them to shorten the school year this year. Crazy, I think. I didn't hear by how much or many details, however, I'm assuming it has to do with any hourly employees and building maintenance/overhead?? And why didn't that ever happen when *I* was in school?!??
Dude, why doesn't that happen HERE!?!?! I'd totally love to have a shorter school year....oh wait, don't I kind of get that with maternity leave. Oh yea. I do. :)
You're really having a rough go of it. I think taking time off before labor is very wise. I was going to use my personal days, but then I was told I needed to be induced. Having a few days to mentally and physically (if possible) recharge is a very good thing.
I want a shorter year, too!!!!!
Don't worry about complaining Lisa, it's just one of those realities- no matter how beautiful the end result, pregnancy itself... eh. It's a good thing we forget the bad parts of it or NO ONE would go through it a second time.
you're allowed to complain the entire time. no apologies.
Martha - i was at work the same day i went to the hospital to have Nicole. Not so bad if you're not uncomfortable.
Feel better dear. I hope the swelling goes down a little so you are more comfortable.
Praying that Max decides to make his arrival early (for your sake)!! I hate to hear that you're miserable, and I hope you get to feeling better soon.
I agree, you are allowed to be miserable and whine and complain as much as you want. I think that is one of the "givens" of pregnancy.
I also think that you should take at least a few days off to rest and prepare before you deliver. And you should not feel the need to apologize for it!
Post a Comment