Thursday, October 02, 2008

I'm a bad girl...

So I've been avoiding the phone calls from Dell's service department. I've been screening their calls to see if the person calling is American or Indian. If they're Indian, I don't answer. So far, they've all been Indian.

The nice thing about Dell is that they also have a 24/7 chat service you can use the solve your problems. So today I logged into that with my reference number and chatted with a rep. They were obviously still Indian (the guy's name was Vinay) but at least on the computer I don't have to "hear" his accent. Isn't that awful?!?!!

But at least it helps me keep my sanity. Plus, I'm a fast typer, so it's not like it's holding me back that much since I had to repeat myself like a million times per sentence on the phone anyways! LOL! ;)

6 comments:

Laura said...

Gotta love the option to chat w/ customer service. It has kept me sane more than once.

By the way, Ella loves the slideshow on your sidebar, and she giggles and waves when your face pops up. She likes the dogs and Kendall, but waves at you.

Karen said...

dude, i hear you loud and clear. When's dell goign to get the message - NONE of us like the Indian help desk.

Viki said...

You're not bad, you're just being efficient and saving yourself a lot of frustration (not having to repeat yourself, ask the rep to repeat him/herself). :-)

Finlands finest said...

Have you solved the problem yet?

Sarah said...

Oh no, I don't think that's bad at all. I would MUCH rather type than be on the phone with someone I can't understand!

Martha said...

good for them for having multiple ways to get in touch.
I have been trying to connect with my computer people (trying to get that receipt again for insurance purposes). I called the phone number, which directs me to the website, so I contact htem via that. Geez, they keep sending me "we're getting to emails in the order we received them" sort of emails, but it took about a week to get a response - with a question, so I'm guessing another week for the next response? Bad - takes time. Weeks is much longer than hours. Good - it's on each person's time and the entire time "on hold" is not wasted.