Friday, February 24, 2006

The Jessicas

Let me first start by saying, this in no way says anything about any of my other friends, I'm just feeling the need to say thank you.

I feel a need to pay tribute to two friends who have changed me as a person over the last year. One of them I feel I know very well, the other I am still learning about, but both have been great friends through some tough times recently.

I spend much of my free time with the "Jessicas" because of their close proximity to my house (one of them lives withing walking distance) and the fact that they don't mind doing the same thing with me almost every weekend...namely, eatting dinner, laughing at each others stupid jokes, and playing board games.

A bonus, our husbands all get along and most of the time have the same sense of humor. For example, Kendall likes to joke they're we're going to have "naked dinner". Today I called Jessica S and her husband yelled, "I want to play games where we have to take our clothes off!" They're both retarded, but at least they're not alone.

They've also significantly changed my outlook on life. While I was definitly a Christian before I met them, I never really had a close relationship with God. Because of these two women and their examples of faith, I feel like I finally have a better connection. This new connection with God isn't perfect, and I can't say I'm a totally changed person, but I can say that it has helped me with my anger and frustration and confusion.

I think I've put this picture up before, but I'm going to post it again.

I just want to say thank you for being such good friends.

2 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

You three could pass for sisters. How is it that somehow we make friends with the same names???

What a tribute to your friends.

Sarah said...

It's great that you've been able to form close "adult" relationships. It seems more difficult to make those kind of intimate friendships as we get older. I've never met the Jessica's but they sound awesome!