Staying home with Max does have its perks, even if I spend much of it with him attached at the nipple or rocking in my arms. My favorite perk is daytime TV. I'm addicted to it now.
I spend the first 4 hours of the morning watching the Today Show. Now I'm also trying to fold laundry, feed Max, comfort him, check Facebook, clean, etc. But I'm addicted! My favorite is the 10 to 11 hour with Hoda and Kathie Lee. They're so obnoxious that I just can't stop watching!
Then from 11 to 12 I watch The View. Another delicious addiction. I love the Hot Topics portion of each day. One of today's topics: Could you let your mother come live with you? They were talking about the Obamas and how Michelle's mom was going to move into the White House to help take care of the girls. Many of the women on the panel said they could let their own mother move in but not their mother-in-law. Sherry Jackson was like, "Hell no!" I definitely couldn't let my m-i-l move in, but my own mom is a different story.
Then from 12 to 1 I watch Rachel Ray. Some days she's on mute because I'm trying to get Max to sleep. But I've learned two or three new easy recipes from watching. Sometimes she's annoying, but other times entertaining. One day she did DNA testing on mixed breed dogs. It was kind of fun.
From 1 to 4 I try not to watch too much TV. Or it's just on as background noise. I usually switch to TLC. On days like today, it just pisses me off though. I was watching The Baby Story (one I used to find entertaining in college and then depressing while trying to get pregnant, and then terrifying while pregnant) and it was just pissing me off. They show these women (many first time moms) and they do fine in the first 24 hours after getting home. Then they cut to them 6-10 weeks later. None of them ever say they're having any problems. BULLSH*T. They're all lying for the cameras. I wanted to break the TV today because Max was being a total monster. I just yelled, "Lies! All lies!" That made me feel a little better.
From 4 to 5 I watch Ellen. I LOVE Ellen. I want to go see a taping of the show sometime. Too bad she's in LA. I like her interviews and she plays fun games. Currently she's stalking George Clooney, trying to get him on the show for an interview. Her motto today was "George is mine in '09." LOVE IT! At this point in the day, I need her entertainment.
I may just have to TIVO some of this stuff when I go back to work. At the very least I'll TIVO Hoda & Kathie, The View, and Ellen. Good thing I only have to work 44 days before summer vacation. :)
4 comments:
lots of blogging today, i love it! :)
i haven't been home in too many years to watch TV - i'm a loser! i'm clearly missing out!
Clearly you need to be watching when out on maternity leave this summer. :)
I love Ellen! She cracks me up. I like her dance portion in the beginning of the show.
In the past week I have watched The View for the first time ever, and agree that it's entertaining.
I also LOVE Ellen. I would watch her all day every day if I could. I might even want to be her.
Post a Comment