It's a list kind of day...
1. If I had to list the perks to Kendall's job, I would find myself struggling to come up with much. His insurance is terrible, his hours are terrible, and even some of the people he has to work with...are terrible! But the one thing they have going for them is their annual Physician Outing. Last year we got free tickets to Moving Out at the Arahnoff (sp?) and this year...two free tickets to a dinner cruise during Tall Stacks! Heck yea! Dinner, a show, and a three hour tour! Plus, we get into all Tall Stacks events free for the whole day. I really enjoyed this event the last time it was in town and really wanted to ride one of the boats. And now I get to do it for free! If anyone else is interested, it's Oct. 8th and we can get extra tickets for $75 bucks a piece. I need to know asap, otherwise, we'll just make it the two of us!
2. Tivo- AGAIN. I'm really happy with it still. It hasn't failed me yet! I got to rewind Deal or No Deal on Monday night because I missed the first 15 mins. And it remembered my TV show last night when I didn't! Excellent....
3. Speaking of Deal or No Deal- Holy crap Monday was a great episode! I haven't watched Tuesday's yet, but on Monday, the guy picked the 3 million dollar case and sold it! ARGH!!! Oh well, it was great TV.
4. I feel the need to start a blog all about TV. If I decide to go that route, in addition to what I write here, I'll let you know. I'm just so excited about fall TV starting again!
5. School Drama- I kinda had an intense meeting with my boss this week, if anyone's interested, I'll blog it, otherwise I've told the story like 5 times already.
6. Gilmore Girls Season 6- Just bought it last night. I have watched two episodes already and plan on getting in two more tonight. I have to have it finished by next Tuesday to start Season 7. I love it!
7. ACLU- now I know some of you out there are Republicans....and I don't know how we remain friends...(just kidding)...but my mother-in-law sent me an email today bashing the ACLU. Now I can't say I support everything they stand for, but I feel like the support a great many good things that we need someone to stand up for. Like gay rights. And abortion rights. And women. And all minorities. So I sent her an email asking her not to send me any more ACLU bashing...we'll see if she starts an arguement....at least it would give me something else to blog about!
8. Got half of my blood work results back and so far, things look pretty good. My immune system is functioning normally, but they still have to run a second set to make sure none of the rest of my body is killing my babies. Long story. Once again, if you ask, I'll share.
Okay, gotta go watch Gilmore! I'm lovin' this cold weather! I'm going to go bundle up and wait for Kendall to come home so we can eat grilled cheese and tomato soup!
6 comments:
Great job perk!!!
I've never seen Deal or no deal...curious now!
I love Gilmore Girls!!!
Good luck with the tests!! I hope you get a clean bill of health!!!
Dude, share share share. Becaues I love voyeurism, dammit. (kidding...or am i?)
Now I'm convinced we have to get tivo. We're going to be missing way too many of our fav shows. And I was never much of a tv person until the last few years. There's a few shows I'm ab. addicted to.
I agree with your thoughts on the good ACLU does. will your reply cause more friction with her? i'm assuming so...
Enjoy the dinner boat cruise! my company is having one too on Thursday the 5th. We're walking the purple people bridge and then going to the festival. Will i see you there????
I am interested in the boss conversation. do tell!
I want to hear about the boss conversation as well.
How ironic is it that Kendall is a doctor and has bad health insurance?
On the ACLU - I would've done the same thing to my mil, only my mil wouldn't have sent that. My step-mil sends a lot of crap and I'm holding off on sending her nasty replies until my fil divorces her.
Viki
I want to know the boss story.
I still can't believe that guy sold his case. I knew he had it.
I hope your results come back with good results. I'm looking forward to hearing happy times are ahead for you guys.
Don't you just love those grilled cheese and tomato soup nights? Danny and I had one the other night! Best meal ever!
Yeah, how does that work that doctors have the worst health insurance?!?! That's like fashion designers wearing bad clothes. Ok, not really, but that bothers me too!
Now I want grilled cheese and tomato soup.....maybe I'll make some for dinner!
-Sarah F
Post a Comment