My idiosyncracies:
1. I LOVE extra sharp cheeses. Sharp cheese are good too, but the sharper, the better. My personal favorite is Cabot Extra Sharp White Cheddar. I can only get it at Trader Joe's and Jungle Jim's but it's always worth the trip.
2. I view my dogs as people. No, seriously. I talk to them like they really understand everything I'm saying. I ask their opinion on things. I even sing to them. And I really believe that they understand about 50% of what I'm saying. True dog lovers most often see their dogs this way, as furry people. My mom does the same thing.
3. I have had sinus problems ever since I moved to Dayton. Before I lived here I hardly ever got a stuffy nose. Now I have one constantly. I've had it for 10 years. I don't even really notice it anymore. But for the last 10 years, I can only breathe out of one nostril at a time.
4. I'm a bibliophile. I can't even tell you the number of books that I own. If you haven't seen our office, it's obscene the number of books I own.
5. I'm a cinephile as well. We own close to 500 DVDs. You can come rent from us. We're free. :)
6. I love day by day tear away calendars. I used to get a new Foxtrot calendar every year. But then Bill Amend had to decide to just go to Sunday comics and now they didn't make one for 2008. I was very disappointed.
7. I love change. If I could rearrange my living room, bedroom, office, classroom every month, I'd be happy. I just love getting a new look and seeing things from different angles. When I was a kid, I changed my bedroom around monthly. I really only had 4 options for arrangement, but I'd rotate them all. It made me happy. :)
7 comments:
Sounds like you have nice new neighbors. So what did you take them?
You mean dogs aren't mini hairy people? I'm pretty sure they are. Why else do we cook meals for them, buy them presents, take them to doggie school, introduce them to other dogs so they can have friends, plan our schedules around them...yep, wouldn't do all that for a goldfish. Dogs are people :)
I like how you like change. I need change too. For me though, I will get a haircut if I need change. :) I think you way requires a lot more work.
I agree with Jen! A new hair-do IS change for me.
I am in total agreement with you about the extra sharp cheddar cheese, dogs as people, and rearranging furniture. I hate living in places where there is only one possible furniture arrangement.
I treat my cats like people, too. I have framed pictures of them on my desk at work...I think the cat pictures outnumber the Trey pictures actually. :-)
I love sharp cheeses, too. The extra sharp cheddar I buy isn't always available at the store, so I usually buy two at a time and keep a nice stash of it in my fridge.
i love how you change your haircut all the time. i'm JEALOUS!
Post a Comment